Connected Data London, the leading event for those who use the relationships, meaning and context in Data to achieve great things, has announced the lineup for the newly expanded Connected Data London 2018, taking place in London on November 7th, 2018.
The conference has expanded its themes and tracks, from its roots as the primary conference for Knowledge Graphs, Linked Data and Semantics to include related Graph Database and AI / Machine Learning technologies and practical use cases.
Keynote presentations by Sir Nigel Shadbolt, Chairman and Co-Founder of the Open Data Institute, and Markus Lanthaler, Software Engineer at Google and creator of JSON-LD will cover the state of the union in Semantic Technologies, Linked Data and AI.
The conference also features leading experts and practitioners from the likes of BBC, Electronic Arts, Elsevier, Facebook AI Research, IBM, Thomson Reuters, Wolfram, Zalando, and ZDNet:
- Mandy Chessell, Distinguished Engineer, IBM, on Building an Open Metadata and Governance Ecosystem
- Aaron Bradley, Knowledge Graph Strategist, Electronic Arts, on Schema.org as the Gateway Drug for Linked Data
- Katariina Kari, Research Engineer, Zalando Tech-Hub, on Building, and Communicating, a Knowledge Graph in Zalando
- Paraskevi Zerva, Cognition & Knowledge Representation Lead, Elsevier, on Supporting GDPR Compliance through Effectively Governing Data Lineage and Data Provenance
- Augustine Kwanashie, Software Engineer, BBC, on Building Materialised Views for Linked Data systems using Microservices
- Sebastian Riedel, Researcher at Facebook AI Research, with Jon McLoone, Director of Technical Services, Communication and Strategy at Wolfram Research Europe, Christos Hadjinikolis, Senior ML Engineer at Data Reply UK and Andy Jefferson, Neural Networks and Graph AI Researcher at Octavian.ai in AI tribes and interconnections
- George Anadiotis, ZDNet contributor, with Geoffrey Horrell, Director of Innovation, Thomson Reuters Knowledge Graph, and Victor Lee, Director of Product Management, TigerGraph, in The Year of the Graph: Evaluating graph databases
Connected Data London features over 30 innovators and leaders in talks and panels across 3 tracks. The Nodes Τrack features talks and panels from industry leaders on mainstream topics. The Edges Τrack features innovative concepts, applications and research. The Educational Track features lively and interactive presentations and demos.
Knowledge Graphs are in the latest Gartner Hype Cycle, Graph Databases are the fastest growing database category, Linked Data and Semantic Technology are behind Google’s latest enhancements in search, and AI and Machine Learning are everywhere these days. We have been working with these technologies since 2005. We are glad to see the field going mainstream, and we have gathered some of the best minds to share their experiences.
said Connected Data London co-organizer George Anadiotis, ZDNet Contributor and Linked Data Orchestration Analyst and Consultant.
Connected Data London has rapidly grown since the inaugural 2016 event to become a mainstay in the European Data Conference scene attracting both newcomers and seasoned experts from across the world. We’re thrilled to announce today such a strong and diverse speaker lineup and look forward to 2018’s event marking another significant milestone on our journey to connect data, technologies and people.
said Connected Data London co-organizer James Phare.
Visit http://connected-data.london for more information. Receive a 10% discount at registration by using the code: CDL2018 by October 10, 2018.
Connected Data London promotes inclusiveness and a respectful and ethical environment. Please review our Code of Conduct. Limited number of diversity tickets available at https://diversitytickets.org/en/events/251/
© Connected Data London 2018. All rights reserved.
CONNECTED DATA LONDON MEDIA CONTACT